Last night we had our final rehearsal of the season. We hope you’ll all join us this weekend for our collaborative concert with the Marion Consort and the Oak Creek Knight Singers! But before we get to that, we must take some time to review our second season.
It’s hard to believe our second full season has come to a conclusion. We’ve had a lot of new milestones and achievements this year, and have built very well on the foundation we established in our 2013-2014 season.
Here’s a quick list of some memorable moments and events of this year:
- We welcomed a total of 17 talented new members this season. That number accounts for almost half of our choir!
- We performed our second-ever collaborative concert, with the Milwaukee Youth Chorale.
- We performed at the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center for the first time for our winter concert, setting new high marks for concert attendance and donations.
- We added additional musicians (beyond piano) to our concerts for the first time, including a string quartet and an organ at our winter concert and a French horn, violin, cello and flute at our spring concert.
- We reached an agreement with Danceworks in Milwaukee to collaborate on a concert in Spring 2016 (that’s going to be exciting!).
- We learned and performed a total of 34 new pieces of music.
We have plenty of work to do over the summer to prepare for a successful third season, with goals including getting officially registered as a nonprofit organization and setting dates for our next round of auditions in August.
But in the mean time, we have one more concert, and we hope to see you there. We are thrilled to be performing with the fabulous Marion Consort (an early music ensemble from Chicago) and the Oak Creek Knight Singers from Oak Creek High School, under the direction of our very own Gillian Pacetti.
The concert is at 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 16 at All Saints’ Cathedral in downtown Milwaukee. As with all of our concerts, it is free, though any donations you wish to contribute will be split between the ensembles and the church.
We will be performing the following pieces:
BLAKE HENSON – “My Flight for Heaven” (With the Oak Creek Knight Singers)
HEIDI JOOSTEN – “Adoramus Te, Christe”
SETH HOUSTEN – “The Reapers All with Their Sharp Sickles”
BON IVER – “Woods” and “For Emma”
BENJAMIN BEDROSKE – “Obsecro Et Orationem”
PAUL BASLER – “Alleluia”
GIOVANNI GABRIELLI – “Gloria” (With the Marion Consort)
Come join us this weekend for a great way to end our second season!