This past weekend we performed our preview concert at Greendale Community Church, which has been our gracious host for our rehearsals for nearly a year now. It was great to see people fro the Greendale community come out and support us as we head into our concert this weekend!
Speaking of our concert, it’s only three days away! Here’s our Facebook event with relevant information: https://www.facebook.com/events/311454655724194/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
The concert begins at 7:00 PM at the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center at 2133 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee. We suggest arriving early to find parking. There is a lot nearby the center, as well as street parking available, but it’s always tough to predict how parking will fill up on a Friday or Saturday night when you’re anywhere near downtown Milwaukee.
Here is our list of our repertoire being performed in concert order:
1. Anton Bruckner – “Os Justi”
2. Thomas Greaves – “Come Away Sweet Love”
3. Newfoundland logging song arr. Great Big Sea – “River Driver” [Men only]
4. Traditional Celtic farewell arr. The Wailin’ Jennys – “The Parting Glass” [Women only]
5. Richard S. Willis – “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear”
6. Franz Gruber – “Silent Night”
7. Ola Gjeilo – “Dark Night of the Soul”
1. Gustav Holst – Two Psalms: “To My Humble Supplication (Psalm 86)” & “Lord Who Hast Made Us For Thine Own (Psalm 148)”
2. Ruth Moody arr. Wailin’ Jennys – “One Voice” [Women only]
3. Lowell Mason arr. James Stevens – “Nearer My God to Thee” [Men only]
4. Ben Hase – “Rex Magnus Natus Est”
5. Gustav Holst – “In the Bleak Midwinter”
6. Eric Barnum – “Adoramus Te, Christe”
7. English carol arr. Sir John Stainer and Benjamin Bedroske – “The First Nowell”
8. Moses Hogan – “I Can Tell the World”
We hope to see you this weekend at the ICHC! Arrive early and have a drink or two at their great bar before enjoying the music.