Posted by Teri Herbst Bill on Sunday, June 11, 2017
Last night’s successful (and extremely fun) Chant Claire Craft Beer Cabaret represented the final event of our 2016-2017 season. And what a season it was! Here are just a few of the highlights to reflect on as we head into our summer break.
- We introduced 15 new members to the choir this season, the most new members we’ve ever had in a given year.
- We collaborated with several organizations: St. Sava’s Stevan Sijacki Choir, the UW Eau Claire Concert Choir and the Germantown High School choirs.
- Despite some last-minute organ complications at the Irish Cultural Heritage Center for our December concert, we pulled off the last-minute feat of adding in a brass ensemble comprising all Chant Claire members to beef up the sound.
- We were selected by Eric Whitacre to participate in a master class under his direction in March at St. Josaphat’s Basilica, where we sang “Sleep” with him.
- We performed our first large masterwork as an ensemble, Dan Forrest’s Requiem for the Living, at St. Sebastian Catholic Church and at Holy Hill.
- We had our first-ever fundraiser event last night, which was a big success.
Next year will mark our fifth season as an ensemble, which is almost impossible to believe. We’re looking to continue growing our reach throughout the area and to bring in brand new audiences. We hope you will help us achieve those goals this year.
Speaking of next season, interested singers can now schedule audition times. Auditions will be on August 15th and 22nd at Redeemer Lutheran Church at the corner of 19th and Wisconsin in Milwaukee, where we rehearse on Tuesday evenings during the season. Each audition consists of scales, pitch matching, sight singing and other vocal exercises at the discretion of the director. To schedule a timeslot, email email@example.com.
Thanks again to everyone who has supported us this year and for our four years as an organization. While it’s good to have some time to breathe after a busy season, we’re already looking forward to making music this fall!