It’s hard to believe, but we have reached the end of our third season as a choir. It hardly seems like it’s been long at all since we first got together and started singing as a small group of friends, and now we’re planning for our fourth season, continually thinking bigger and better.
Here’s a bit of what we accomplished this year:
- We were invited to perform at the 150th anniversary celebration of the United Church of Christ in Delavan
- We performed in a collaboration with the Stevan Sijacki Choir at St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Cathedral
- We achieved our largest audience and largest donations yet at our Fall 2015 concert at the Irish Cultural Heritage Center
- We performed for the first time at St. Joseph’s Center and had perhaps our best programmed concert yet
- We were invited to collaborate with Danceworks in The Quest, which provided us with a brand new audience, an outstanding experience and new artistic friends and connections
- We held our first ever choir retreats in the fall and winter, which set the tone for each half of our season
- We achieved tax-exempt status, which will allow us to solicit larger donations and sponsorships moving forward
The 2016-2017 season will allow us to build on what we accomplished this year. We want to continue to increase our range in the Milwaukee area while improving our overall sound.
But for now, we are able to spend some time reflecting on a highly successful season. Thank you to all of our audiences, collaborators and supporters who have made it possible for us to keep making music.
Speaking of next year, we have selected our new executive board. Last night we held our traditional end-of-year wrap up meeting to discuss the state of the choir and its future, and elected new officers. Those officers are as follows:
President: Tim Backes
Secretary: Lauren Schell
Treasurer: Emily Zimmermann
Concert and Event Planning: Sarah Kikkert
Fundraising: Mikalah Fallon
Social Event Planning: Stephanie Showers
Web/Marketing: David Cincotta
Thank you to our outgoing board members for the tremendous job you did in helping us grow and flourish throughout this past year. Here’s to a successful 2016-2017 season!